- Merivale offer free-of-charge consultations (by appointment only) that cover advice on cake storage, portion guides (to aid in determining the actual size cake that you need) and how best to incorporate the cake design and cutting of the cake into the reception.
- Merivale’s free-of-charge cake tasting sessions (see cake tasting schedule) last around 1.5 hours during which cake size, design options, flavour, delivery requirements and budgets are discussed. A total of 4 guests only permitted for each cake tasting session and only one free tasting session permitted per client.
- All Merivale cakes are baked using only the freshest and highest quality ingredients on tried and tested recipes. They are available in a wide range of sizes, shapes and flavours. A maximum of 8 flavours are available at cake tasting and flavours marked * are only available on request.
Merivale’s range of cake flavours:
|Chocolate mud varieties||Other varieties|
|Dark chocolate mud||Rich fruit cake (dark)|
|Milk chocolate mud||White fruit cake *|
|White chocolate mud||Red velvet *|
|Caramel chocolate mud||Choc-mint*|
|White Irish Cream||White choc berry*|
|White Chocolate Kahlua||White choc lemon & lime*|
|Choc Cherry*||English Victorian sponge*|
|Dark chocolate (gluten free)*||Cupcakes (not available in mixed fruit flavours)|
- The cost of each cake depends on: the size of the cake, the design complexity, the delivery and set up needs.
- Wedding cakes are priced in three categories: standards and elaborate designs and highly decorated designer designs. The price difference between the standard and elaborate designs is based on the amount of decoration required. The standard two/ three tier designs cost $490-$590; the elaborate two/three tier designs cost $590-$690. Additional tiers are priced on the required size and design details.
- Merivale deliver throughout South East Queensland including the communities around Toowoomba, Brisbane, the North and South Coast and hinterland venues with the occasional request to transport cakes interstate. Delivery costs vary based on the venue location: Toowoomba CBD $45; Lockyer Valley $95; Ipswich $115; Brisbane and the North & South coast $155; Mt Tamborine $175.